The Boys & Girls Clubs of Valdosta provides an array of programs, services, and special projects for children. Some of these programs include, but are not limited to:
- Project Learn
- This integrated after-school and summer technology learning enhancement experience consists of Homework Help and Tutoring as well as High-Yield Learning and Leisure Activities using traditional teaching and learning methodology. Volunteers are needed for tutoring and helping members with homework
- Character Counts - This program helps members to build character and values in six key areas: trustworthiness, respect for others, responsibility, fairness, caring and citizenship. Adult volunteers are needed to mentor members and provide a good role model for right and wrong.
- Keystone Clubs - It is extremely important that we teach our members and especially our teens the importance of community service and caring for others this program stresses these values. Volunteers are needed to attend meetings and work with teen members in regard to Keystone Club activities.
- Mentoring Program - The purpose of the mentoring program is to have successful adults serve as positive role models for our youth members in a one on one setting. Our youth members need to know that they have adults that care about them. We ask that an adult mentor spend at least one hour a week for a minimum of 13 weeks meeting with the youth at the Club. Time can be spent talking, doing homework, playing games or participating in other Club programs.
- Coaching Club Members - The Clubs sponsor inter-Club leagues in basketball, baseball, softball, football and soccer. Volunteers are needed to assist with these programs.
If you are interested in the volunteering or being a mentor, please contact our Administrative Office between the hours of 9:00am - 5:30pm Monday through Friday @ 229-242-0676.